NORDUnet has launched a proof of concept (POC) for a new web meeting service based on Zoom Video Conferencing
Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, group messaging, and a software-defined video conference room solution into one platform. Zoom offers video, audio, and screen-sharing experience across Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Zoom Rooms, and H.323/SIP room systems.
Users can quickly connect to meetings with up to 100 participants and easily share content.The Zoom service leverages the ultra high-bandwidth and low-latency Nordic NREN Networks to deliver a high-quality user experience while supporting potentially thousands of simultaneous meetings.
Zoom can be integrated with learning management systems utilising a simple “URL Click to Call” function making it easy for educators to create virtual classrooms that are accessible across a range of devices. Because Zoom allows guests to easily join meetings, it is also a perfect collaboration platform for researchers working with partners across institutions.
The NORDUnet Service Benefits are:
– Zoom Meetings are hosted on NORDUnet servers, based in Copenhagen and Stockholm
– Zoom is integrated with the NORDUnet Video Conferencing MCU and Global Real Time Communications platforms for free video calls, supporting both H.323 and zip calls
– Zoom offers support for Skype for business and other web meeting tool clients
– It supports federated single sign-on
– Each organisation will get their own administrative domain
For more information and participation in the POC please contact your local NREN or Erik Kikkenborg at NORDUnet.