The OCRE Project is offering European researchers an opportunity to try the benefits of using commercial infrastructure cloud resources for their research. The project has launched a call for applications for research use of commercial infrastructure cloud services. Under this call, use cases at single institutions can apply for funding for commercial cloud resources needed for research applications. If accepted, proposals will be granted 100% funding for the adoption of cloud services available through the OCRE IaaS+ framework agreements. Only cloud resources will be funded, not personel or other resources needed by the research use case.
Projects can apply if they
- Are a part of the European research community.
- Clearly demonstrate how the use of commercial infrastructure cloud services can provide agility in terms of research activities; improve research or enable new research outcomes.
- Provide significant relevance within their research discipline.
- Support the FAIR data principles and intend to share their research data with peers.
- Are not currently using these tools extensively.
- Aim to continue usage of commercial infrastructure cloud services in their research.
- Can begin to use the cloud services in early 2021.
- Are executed at single institutions.
The deadline for applications is 2 November 2020. Learn more at the OCRE call page.